All Classes Will Be Held Online via Zoom Live Instruction
January 4 – 15, 2021 | 2 Weeks, 22 Hours of Class/Week
Tuition: $995 | Audition Required
Very Limited Availability, Apply Today!
The Musical Theater Winter Immersion is an effective two-week online training program that prepares actors for professional auditions. After two week’s time, students develop potent audition material unique to their style and ability, while sharpening both their interpretive skills as well as their ability to absorb and perform material more efficiently and with distinction. In addition to the core classes, the program also includes Master Classes with current Broadway professionals.
Actors will leave well equipped with material, ability, and resources to pursue jobs, with particular emphasis on creating effective and professional video auditions, the industry norm for submissions during this time of social distancing protocols. Best of all, the Stella Adler Studio Musical Theater Graduate becomes a rarity in the job market: a successful singing actor adept at interpretation as well as performance.
Acting a Song – 4 hours/week
Audition Skills & Strategies – 5 hours/week
Acting Technique – 3 hours/week
Movement for the Actor – 2 hours/week
Voice & Speech – 3 hours/week
Business of Acting – 2 hours/week
Broadway Master Class – 2 hours/week
Donna Murphy (Tony Award Winner)
BD Wong (Tony Award Winner)
Classes, guests and faculty subject to change
HOW TO APPLY
Admission to the Musical Theater Winter Immersion is by audition. Applicants must be 18 years of age or older. As this program is held completely online, international students are welcome to apply!
1. Click Here to Submit the Online Application Form.
2. Login info will be emailed to you after submission. Login to ADLERnet to upload your Headshot and Resume.
3. Once submitted, please then submit your video audition using the Video Audition Form. Video auditions must include accompaniment either live or pre-recorded. A cappella auditions will not be accepted.
1. A performance of two contrasting musical selections that should be no longer than 60 seconds each. Here are a couple examples of how to contrast your two pieces:
__a) one musical standard, one contemporary
__b) one up-tempo, one ballad
2. A performance of one monologue no longer than 60 seconds in length (contemporary or classical).
Due to COVID-19 Limitations, only Video auditions are being accepted at this time and can be submitted through the Video Audition Submission Form. Video auditions must include accompaniment either live or pre-recorded. A cappella auditions will not be accepted.