The centerpiece of the Outreach Division, this program currently interviews close to 100 high school students annually and selects 16 to train in a free year-long program. Students train in voice, movement and acting in a conservatory environment. They are led by a team of trained professional teachers and mentors, and engage daily with students of the full-time conservatory programs as well as alumni and international guest artists. While Adler Youth students are trained with the same intensity and integrity as conservatory students, this program is not concerned with creating professional actors, but rather empowering strong, confidant, thoughtful, articulate human beings.
Check back in August for information on how to interview for the Fall of 2015!
How are students selected for this program?
- Applicants must be enrolled in a New York City high school
- Applicants must demonstrate financial need (priority consideration for students who receive free lunch or reduced lunch)
- Applicants must demonstrate a need for arts exposure ( priority consideration for students who do not have access to arts programming)
- Applicants must follow application instructions (in particular, bringing a monologue from a published play keeps a student qualified; bringing a monologue from the internet or YouTube disqualifies students)
- Two Year Program
- First Semester: September 23 – November 23
- Every Tuesday and Thursday
- 4:30pm to 6:30pm in Manhattan
How to Apply
In August, please call 212-689-0087 between 10am-6pm to schedule your interview for Adler Youth. Interviews will be held in September.
Please note: This program adheres to a strict attendance policy and professional standards. All students must be on time and ready to participate in all classes. Those who are unprepared or late will be excused from the program.