Support The Stella Adler Studio
The Stella Adler Studio of Acting a 501(c)3 non-profit organization that has been a part of New York City’s cultural landscape since 1949. Your tax-deductible contribution will help improve and expand the Studio’s world-class actor training programs and vital public access programs, like the Stella Adler Outreach Division, providing free professional actor training to New York City’s low income youth. Donations are tax deductible to the fullest extent allowed by law.
Unrestricted Donations – Where the Most Help is Needed
Your tax-deductible donation to The Stella Adler Studio of Acting will help educate the next generation of the world’s leading actors and provide cultural programming that is accessible to the public. A contribution in any amount makes a difference. The Stella Adler Studio depends upon the financial support of alumni, friends, foundations, and corporations to maintain its position as a leading educational institution in the performing arts. For more information call (212)689-0087, extension 27.
Restricted Donations – Giving menu
While the majority of the yearly budget comes from tuition, the Studio still relies on the generous support of donors. While general support donations are most helpful, there are a variety of programs to support if a donor prefers to earmark their contribution, including:
- The Stella Adler Studio of Acting – General support for world class actor training programs and extracurricular activities that support the mission – Growth as an Actor and Growth as a Human Being are Synonymous
- Scholarships – admission has always been based on talent and dedication alone. No student should be denied a Stella Adler education for want of funds. Making that conviction a reality has become increasingly challenging as costs for education continue to rise. In order to meet this extraordinary need, many generous individuals, foundations and corporations contribute to scholarships.
- The Stella Adler Outreach Division – providing free actor training and scholarships to low-income youth
- The Stella Adler Building Fund – a permanent home would allow the Studio to continue to further this mission and to house our ever-growing cultural center
- The David Oppenheim Concert Series – providing Jazz and Classical music concerts that are free and open to the public
- The Harold Clurman Laboratory Theatre Company – a professional theater company
- The Harold Clurman Center for the Spoken Word – exploring the relationship between the actor and dramatic language and to celebrate dramatic and poetic language, providing free poetry readings
- The Harold Clurman Center for New Work in Movement and Dance Theatre or M.A.D. – dedicated to the creation of new work
- The Jacob Adler Center – devoted to the translation and production of great Yiddish plays
The Stella Adler Studio is a public charity exempt from income, gift, and estate taxes under the 501(c)3 section of the Internal Revenue Code